MirrorDash is a mirror that, in combination with your (old) smartphone or tablet and accompanying web app, becomes a magic mirror, a mirror that can display information from various sources.
- Countdown Timers
- Pictures from an url
- Stock market
- Sticky note
- Photos from Flickr
- And even more in the future
The ingenious mounting system makes it possible to mount almost all types of devices behind the mirror.
Our mirror supports devices with a thickness of 5mm to 10mm, which includes most devices.
Maximum dimensions of the device that you can mount behind the mirror is 350 mm x 350 mm.
How can i setup or operate MirrorDash?
The MirrorDash web app consists of two parts, the dash and the remote.
The dash is the dashboard that is displayed on the mirror and with the remote (remote control) you can set which information should be displayed.
- Take the device that you want to place behind the mirror and load https://app.mirrordash.org
- Take another device with a webbrowser (smartphone, tablet, pc, laptop etc..), go to https://app.mirrordash.org/remote or click the remote the button here https://app.mirrordash.org
- Fill out the unique code that is displayed on the dash
- Click the wake lock button to prevent the screen of the device from turning off
- Click the fullscreen button on the dash
You can watch the following video to see how to setup modules.
Video: Setting up the MirrorDash web app
I'm not sure my device is suitable
If you don't know exactly what the dimensions of your device are, please contact us and tell us the brand and type of the device, so that we can figure this out.
It would be a pity that your device is just a bit thinner, thicker, or larger than what MirrorDash can handle.
Does the web app work on my smartphone or tablet
The web app works on almost all devices with an internet browser.
Perhaps your device is a little bit too old, so some functions do not work optimally.
We therefore recommend before purchasing MirrorDash, thoroughly test the web app on the device you intend to use.
If you have an Android device it is best to install the latest version of Microsoft Edge and if you have an iOS (iPhone / iPad) device you can just use Safari.